Dr Uva chosen for American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), District II 2015 Life Time Achievement Award.
Congratulations to Ronald Uva, MD, FACOG who was recently presented the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), District II 2015 Life Time Achievement Award – honoring his unparalleled leadership in obstetrics and gynecology; his diligent efforts in the field of women’s health advocacy; and his tireless service to ACOG.
It has been a few years since ACOG District II has presented a Lifetime Achievement Award however Dr. Uva, the newest recipient is one who is most deserving. Outlined below are just a few of his many contributions to District II, the women of Oswego County, New York State…and beyond.
- Dr. Uva was born and raised on Long Island and started his college education at the University of Buffalo. He moved to Italy to attend Medical School at the University of Bologna – (he is fluent in Italian). He completed his medical residency at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse – and ever since then he has taken an active role in the OB/GYN profession.
- He began his career at Oswego Hospital in 1978 while still in residency. In 1980 he joined Joseph Mather in creating Oswego County OB-GYN, P.C. The practice continues today as the only OB/GYN practice in the county. Through the years, Dr. Uva has served as an associate professor at SUNY Upstate and as the OB/GYN Department Chief at Oswego Hospital.
- He is a former Vice Chair of District II, and has also chaired the Legislative Committee. Additionally, Dr. Uva has served as Section 5 Junior Fellow Chair, as well as Vice Chair and Chair of Section 5. In all of these roles he has traveled to both Albany and Washington to speak to legislators about a wide range of women’s health issues – including the need for meaningful medical liability reform.
- He has participated in the John McCain Memorial Fellowship Program, attended ACOG’s Congressional Leadership Conference, and presented District II’s Legislative Program to the Legislative Roundtable. He has repeatedly answered the call of duty to attend meetings with the health commissioner, legislators and various health department committees.
- Dr. Uva has also served as a member of the State Board for Medicine and as a reviewer for the Office of Professional Medical Conduct. Additionally, he’s been active on many boards and with the state medical society. He also writes a monthly column for the Palladium Times called "Today's Health for the Empowered Woman."
- Dr. Uva is a former recipient of ACOG’s Outstanding District Service Award – and despite his busy professional life, in 1997, He was named Little League Coach of the Year.
Even after retiring from practice in 2013, Dr. Uva remains extremely active with ACOG. He currently serves as an Executive Leader to the Advisory Council and continues his participation in legislative and medical education activities. Congratulations again to a well deserving recipient!
| || |
How are we doing?
We are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to serve you. We hope that each visit to our office is a pleasant experience. We strive to be courteous and sympathetic while offering you modern, effective healthcare at a reasonable cost.
In order to evaluate the services provided, we need your help. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey. We would like to hear your comments and opinions, both negative and positive.
After our survey process is complete, we will make the overall results available to you, along with our plans for new ways to serve you better.
Are you a Prime Patient?
Our Physician Patient Portal enhances our communication with you by allowing patients to enter their data and communicate directly with physicians and practice staff. Some of the services available to PrimePatient users include:
- Appointment Scheduling
- Patient History Interviews
- Patient-initiated prescription refill requests
- Patient Education
- Secure, patent-clinician messaging
- Electronic Bill Pay
| || |